Keep love in your heart.
A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
— Oscar Wilde
Mein Liebster Bloggers, Friends and Family,
I write to you, my lieblings, to celebrate loved ones, to thank wonderful bloggers and to pass the liebe (love) along to others. My kids and I made a new video, Healing Magic of Beauty, in honor of all those fighting sickness and disease, you know who you are.
In particular, I dedicate Healing Magic of Beauty to two beautiful women, without whom my world would be a darker place.
To Belinda: she battles disease, but still finds time to look up and embrace the mystery and beauty of the ever-changing sky. Then she records it and shared it with the world. You can find this brave and lovely lady at Busymindthinking.
To Aunt Mary: I also dedicate Healing Magic of Beauty to you on your birthday. You are the original magical one — the finder of four-leaf clovers, the savior of the forlorn, the wisest and loveliest woman I know. Thank you for the luck your love has always brought me. You are daily in my thoughts, and I send thoughts of healing, magic and love your way. Happy, Healthful Birthday!!
Now to some blog business of a most agreeable kind…
Thanks to Bullying Prevention for giving friendlyfairytales the 6-award! Thanks also to the Seeker57 for handing me a giant portion of 14 more also. They both have terrific blogs and lots to offer, and I hope you will visit them. I had previously received, posted and nominated others for nineteen of these twenty awards, and thus I will gladly use my award acceptance token.
The award new to Friendly Fairy Tales is the Seed of Light. Rules: put up the icon, thank the giver and pass the award on to five deserving individuals. I’m going to gift it to the nominees below to whom I am also giving the Liebster.
Thanks to Coach Muller for awarding friendlyfairytales the Liebster Award. He is an inspiring man with feel-good stories.
This is an award to help bloggers find new friends and to encourage other new bloggers. Liebster mean “dearest” in German.* Although I have received this award before, I have never before followed the rules or learned any German. I know, shocking of me. However, third time’s the charm, and so here goes:
The Rules: Put up the icon, thank and link-back to the giver, answer questions and pass it on like a hot cake to more 5 deserving newbie bloggers with some more questions. I’ll be interpreting Newbie Blogger liberally since I’ve seen many definitions from blogs with 200 to 3000 followers.** I’m just going to pass it on to people I found inspiring, amazing or fabulously funny, because I’m saving the rest of my brain power (limited as it is at my age) for writing. I’m not sure the questions are strictly necessary, but that’s how it was given to me, and why not?
2. What makes you sad? Fighting with people I love or seeing pain and unhappiness in others.
3. What motivates you? That’s a mystery. I’ve always been driven, not sure why.
4. How would you describe your personality? Buoyant, empathetic, pragmatic, creative and supportive
5. What do you least enjoy doing in life? Cleaning up bodily fluids, my own or that of any other. Yuck!!
6. What is your favorite song? Greensleeves speaks to my heart and always has.
7. What is your favorite quote and why? “Bend like the grass that you do not break.” by Kamala Markandaya — it’s genius.
8. How do you relax? Read, hike, dance, doze, tell stories to my kids or meditate in nature’s beauty.
9. What is your favorite food? Chicken Parmesan with Angel Hair pasta made by my hubby on my birthday.
10. Why do you blog? I ruptured a disc, dislocating nerves to my leg, and had back surgery. I used to go, go, go and now I’m having to stick around the house more. First, I wrote a children’s chapter book and then started writing fairy tales. People kept asking to see them, so I put up the fairy tales. That’s why I started, but I keep going because I’m addicted. I love it!
Here are some blumen (flowers) and baum (trees) from my wandern (wanderings) to thank my readers. I hope you will take a few moments today to feel loved. Shoot, why not every day?
Note: Photograph of sky used with permission of Busymindthinking
Dedication: this post is dedicated to Skye, a gem of an island in Scotland, one of the most beautiful places on earth.